The ASI-X Packer is the most versatile of the mechanically set retrievable packers and may be used in any production application. The ASI-X Packer is suited for treating, testing, or injection applications, in pumping or flowing wells, either deep or shallow. The packer can be left in tension or compression, depending on well conditions and the required application. A large internal by-pass reduces swabbing when running and retrieving. The by-pass closes when the packer is set and opens prior to releasing the upper slips when retrieving to allow pressure equalization. The J-Slot design allows easy setting and releasing; 1/4 turn right-hand set, right-hand release.
The ASI-X Packer is also available in an HT version which can withstand differential pressures up to 10,000 PSI. This feature allows the packer to be utilized in completions where high pressure treating operations are performed and it is desirable to leave the tool in the well for production.
- By-pass below upper slips to wash debris when valve is opened
- By-pass is opened before upper slips are released
- Can be set with tension for shallow well applications
- Can be left in tension, compression or neutral
- 1/4 turn right-hand set, right-hand release
- Additional J-Slot arrangements available
Download the full product sheet